Vision without action is just a daydream. These tips will help you make things happen in your business and turn your dreams into reality.
1. Read Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy – it’ll help you get the most important things done.
2. Each Friday, put chunks of time in your diary to do the important tasks you need to complete the following week – the ones that are strategically important but often get sidelined due to the whirlwind of running a business. These might need to be completed out of the office, to avoid distractions.
3. Start each day by writing down the most important thing you want to achieve that day. Tick it off first (before you turn your emails on).
4. Turn off all notifications on your phone and email. People don’t send urgent emails or messages – if it’s urgent, they will call. So, turning off your notifications for two hours won’t be the end of the world. But it might just be the most productive two hours of your day.
5. Get some accountability to increase your chances of success. Tell someone what your plans are, set mini-deadlines and promise people updates on certain dates.
6. Consider a mentor or non-exec director to help you with accountability and executing your plans. This is especially important if you’re a sole director or a group of directors who were friends before starting up in business.
7. Stop reading this list and get on and do something 😉