We believe that doing the right thing gets results. We believe that having a clear purpose and standing up for what you believe in is the secret to building a beautiful, sustainable business – something to be really proud of. It can also be a huge amount of fun.
We naturally gravitate towards working with businesses with soul, businesses that are at the centre of enriching human experiences. Our mission is to make it easy for people to build beautiful businesses.
Beauty will save the world
Together, Peter and Paul founded The Wow Company in 2004. They believed accountants should be at the heart of building beautiful businesses.
The heartbeat of Wow has always been about great people working together. Over the years, we’ve built a team of smart, caring, passionate and fundamentally nice people. A team that loves helping people achieve their dreams and being part of the exciting journey of growing a business.
The relationship we have with our clients means everything to us at Wow. We spent a lot of time thinking about what makes our client experience really Wow. We boiled this down to six client experience principles. These values guide how we work with our clients and drive everything, from our daily conversations, to the services we offer and how we deliver them. They are:
Making the switch to Wow has proved to be one of the best business decisions we’ve ever made. The transition from our old firm was seamless and as well as managing our day to day accounting, the ongoing strategic advice they provide is a vital part of our stability and expansion. Thanks guys!
There’s something about Wow. A ‘something’ that goes beyond being just our accountants. They always do that bit extra. My Wow accountant connects and empathises, and understands what it is like when your head is in panic mode, and you’re worried about the numbers. She is patient too. She explains the finances to me again and again without complaint. It’s the reassurance I need that lets me focus on what I do best. It’s a great feeling to have experts like this by your side. Wow really are amazing.
A fun look at how far we've come over the years
- It all started on 6th January
- The first services we offered were business consultancy and financial planning
- Here’s Paul and Peter at the launch (yes, it's really them)!
- We go completely paperless well before the rest of the world, implementing Microsoft Sharepoint and using cloud technology before it was even called ‘the cloud’ (back then, it was just the Internet)
- In January, we launched accountancy as a service
- Wow partner with Business Link, delivering presentations to over 2,000 business owners in 16 locations on the subject of growth
- We officially become known as The Wow Company, updating our brand
- Wow becomes one of the first accountants in the UK to recommend Xero
- We start trialling Receipt Bank (now Dext), the first accountants in the UK to do so
- In February, we move from spreadsheets and whiteboards to managing jobs in WorkflowMax. No longer do we have to worry about accidentally wiping something important off the job board!
- The first edition of BenchPress was launched
- In October, we moved from Samar House to Hikenield House
- We set up our London office
- We launched The Agency Collective, the world’s best peer support community for agency owners
- We won Xero Partner of The Year in October
- Our 10th birthday party in the Spinnaker Tower on the windiest night of the year. We definitely felt the room move that night (and it wasn’t just the champagne)
- One floor became two at Wow HQ as we continue to grow
- Paul was appointed Head of Accounting at Xero
- We gave our brand and website a much-needed face lift
- Two floors became three at Wow HQ
- BenchPress passes 500 participants for the first time, officially becoming the largest survey of independent agencies in the UK
- In August we launched our dedicated Business Tax team
- We celebrated 15 years of Wow
- The Consultancy Growth Network is launched, a community to help consulting firms thrive
- We partnered with Ecologi, planting 600 trees a month to offset the carbon we produce
- We launched our COVID Support Hub to support businesses through the pandemic
- We launched our ‘Friend In Need’ service and HR Helpline for Wow clients
Book a call at a time that suits you